Thursday, August 6, 2015

Welcome to K-1 P.E.!

Hello Chargers!

My name is Coach Steinmann, and I am delighted to be your child's Physical Education teacher! To let you know a little about myself, I am originally from Rockford, Michigan.  My degree is from Grand Valley State University.  There I earned my Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Physical Education as well as completed graduate work and received an Early Childhood Endorsement.   In 2008 I moved to Arizona to pursue a career in the Education field, which was my childhood dream.  This will be my eigth year of teaching, with this being my fourth year at an Archway school; however, it is my first year at Archway Arete.  I have experience teaching Kindergarten through second grade in a classroom setting as well as K-5 Physical Education.  In my freetime I enjoy keeping active by hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, walking my dogs, and participating in group exercise classes.

I love being active and desire to share that passion with your child!  This year students will take part in a variety of physical activities with the goal of not only teaching skills, but instilling virtue, and creating a desire to live a healthy lifestyle by discovering enjoyable activities and habits students can participate in for a lifetime.

We are going to have a great year!

All the best,

Coach Steinmann

No comments:

Post a Comment